Buffalo Trail Public School Division #28
2019-2020 School Year
2019-2020 Calendar of Activities:
International Students should arrive in Canada on the weekend of August 24 and 25, 2019. Airport pickup is available on this weekend.
Semester ONE- August 2019 to January 2020
- August 27 - 30 School Orientation, Timetabling, ESL Testing
- August 28 or 29 (tentative Banff trip)
- September 2 Labour Day (No School)
- September 3 School begins
- October 14 Thanksgiving Day Holiday (No School)
- November 7 - 10 Fall Break (No School)
- November 11 Remembrance Day Holiday (No School)
- December 21 - January 5 Winter Break (No School)
- January 6 School Resumes
- January 24 Final Day of First Semester
IMPORTANT: Departure for Semester 1 & Arrival for Semester 2 International Students:
January 25 and January 26, 2020
Airport pickup and drop off is available on these dates. Students arriving or departing outside these dates may be subject to an additional charge of approximately $190.00 each way for airport pickup or drop off.
Semester TWO - February 2020 to June 2020
- January 27,28 Orientation and Timetabling & ESL Testing
- February 3 First Day of Semester 2
- February 17 Family Day Holiday (No School)
- February 18-19 Winter Break (No School)
- February 20-21 Teachers' Convention
- March 30 – School Resumes
- April 10 Good Friday (No School)
- April 13 Easter Monday (No School)
- April 14 - 17 Spring Break (No School)
- May 18 Victoria Day (No School)
- June 25 School Closing - Final Day for Students
- June 26 School Organization - Teachers/Staff Only
IMPORTANT: Year End Departure for International Students: June 27, 28, 2020.
Transportation to the airport is available on these dates.
All students must depart the program by June 30 at very latest as the school district is closed for the summer break.
•The Homestay program also ends June 30, 2020