Become a Homestay Family
Buffalo Trail Public Schools Division #28
How to Become A Homestay Family
To host a Buffalo Trail Public School Division international student, please complete the following steps:
- Considering becoming a host family?
- Fill in the Online Host Application: See link above.
- Provide a Criminal Record Check, that includes a vulnerable sector check, from local police for each person 18 years of age or older. This includes anyone who will live in the house for more than 3 weeks during the school year.
- Provide a Driver's Abstract for the last 5 years for each Homestay Parent.
After you have submitted an application, you will be contact to have an in-home visit to complete the application process.
You can submit the documents online or to:
Buffalo Trail Public School Division #28
ATTN: Adelee Penner, Homestay Coordinator
1041 - 10A Street
Wainwright, Alberta T9W 2R4
P: 780-842-6144 F: 780-842-3255
- Homestay Host Family Application is online.
- Homestay Contract
- Flyer: Congratulations on your decision
- Volunteer Declaration Form
- Orientation: Homestay Information Guide For Host Families
- BTPS-International Student Program provides an orientation before you host a child, a time and location will be made available for you.