Buffalo Trail Public Schools Regional Division #28
At #BTPS28 we believe that effective teaching and learning can only happen when an OLE is in place. As a team, we have identified the guiding principals for OLE's that help us anchor the innovation, teaching and learning that our stakeholders do. This is our way of supporting our student learning environments. Take a peek at our OLE document (click on image).
Buffalo Trail Public Schools is committed to maximizing student learning, in a safe and caring environment, supported by a highly effective team.
To be dynamic leaders in empowering students to be caring, responsible, and contributing global citizens with a passion for learning.
- Demonstrate integrity and transparency
- Encourage innovation and collaboration
- Embrace diversity and belonging
- Provide opportunity and choice
- Celebrate success and recognize excellence
- Take ownership and exhibit accountability
- The division covers circa 14,250 square kilometers in East-Central Alberta.
- Circa 4,000 students, from Kindergarten to Grade 12, attend Buffalo Trail Public Schools.
- Circa 525 full and part time teachers and support staff are employed by BTPS.
- 28 school sites (varying grade combinations, from ECS-Grade 12)
- including 8 Hutterite Colony Schools, 1 Outreach site, 1 Distance Learning site and 18 school buildings.
- 9 Trustees serve the residents of Buffalo Trail Public Schools, each represents a ward in the division.
- Provincial ranking as one of the highest in:
- high-school graduation rates.
- student transition to post-secondary rates.